Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Holiday Hauling...

HELLO EVERYONE, HAPPY HOLIDAYS! 

Hope that the break is doing you all some good. :) I know I've eaten too much turkey myself. lol 

Recapping what happened this holiday so far: Work, Dinner at the Melting pot, work, work, Family dinners, working some more, and shopping! LOL I might do more shopping tomorrow... scratch that, I WILL be doing more shopping tomorrow. I hope I don't get anything... 

I have been holding off this post for way too long. I'm sorry to you guys who's been patiently waiting (*cough*Amie, Teresa, Rachel, Somarly, IVANHO *cough*). HAHA. After much contemplation, I decided to cut out a lot of pictures that I didn't think were necessary for this post, so that it's... shorter.

BY THE WAY, I “lol” when people tell me that I should be the next make up guru on YT, because I’m NOT a guru. I just like playing with make up. I don’t have any tips or tricks that haven’t already been said by Michelle Phan. I don’t really know what I’m doing when it comes to make up. People ask me, “What colors should I be wearing? What make up is going to make my eyes pop?” AND I say… “I dunno. Whatever you like? LOL Colors that make your eyes pop would be the colors on the other side of the color spectrum.” *Shrugs*.
… AND that is why I am a BEAUTY EXPERT… *Points at name tag from work*. I’m not a beauty master, I have to work at Murale for that. Then theres the Gurus that live in YT. J

This is mostly a LUSH haul, because they had a buy one get one free sale ! (yay!)  It was a pretty good month for me to receive things, because I love getting things (especially when it’s free… everyone at work knows that. LOL!). It’s kind of bad… but I blame it on my asianess.





Okay, so I’ll start off with the things I got for Christmas. There are also a few things I got from work, and a perfume I got from my co-worker, Giselle.

So my manager, Tamara, had a few extra testers of Benefit products, and she allowed us to take some home for our Christmas present. Hehe! These are things that I have never tried before, and I can’t wait to use them… Well, I have already used the Hello Flawless. The Smashbox bronzer was sent by the company to the store as well as other Smashbox products. We also just got in the new Carmindy inspired make up by Sally Hansen, and there are quite a few reviews about the airbrush foundation, so I chose it to try. My coworkers and I were allowed to choose one product to bring home. Ahh, perks of working in the industry.


A close up of the aerosol can for the foundation. Apparently you’re supposed to spray this on the back of your hand and apply it… kind of pointless to be in an aerosol can. Lol

The cute brows a-go-go palette. I haven’t touched it yet.

This is a close up of the Hello Flawless foundation.

Oh, I also received this cute Juicy Couture Couture solid perfume ring. I like it. J
It’s sparkly. Haha.

The two bronzers I took home. The Benefit Box-o-powder in ‘10’, and the Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Bronzer. I haven’t tried them yet. I need to use up the rest of mine first! I’m just about done my cargo one.

The Benefit erase paste. It works beautifully for under eye circles!

Hehehe….. then there’s this cute bath pouf I got from Shoppers as well. It’s shaped like a rose!

OOO, I have a lot of people ask me about these! This is the Travalo spray atomizer, and Its WONDERFUL. Lol. It’s so simple to fill up, and it’s not too big. I love min e. I got it from Shoppers Drug Mart, if you’re interested! They’re $12.99 regular price, and come in pink, silver, and black. Get them while they’re still in stock, because its getting harder to find. We carried them at Shoppers only for the holiday season.
(Eww don’t look at my poor cuticles.)

NEXT UP:
All the perfumes I got this month! It’s funny how they’re all for the summer. This is the Chanel ChanceEau Tendre, and it was sent to me by the company. It’s my favourite fragrance from the entire Chanel line, because it’s light, and fresh. Very unexpected coming from Chanel... Taken from the website, “The new incarnation of the decidedly young scent, CHANCE EAU TENDRE Eau de Toilette Spray reveals itself to be both delicate and radiant, with an intoxicatingly light, fruity trail. An unexpected mingling of grapefruit and quince meets the crispness of fresh green notes, while a trace of Jasmine Absolute lingers in the air. Gently warmed by a sheer veil of White Musk, at once, innocent and seductive."

The Escada Ocean Lounge was given to me by a coworker! THANKS, GISELLE! I actually really like the fragrance. The top notes are a bit too sweet, but the dry down is pretty.      The notes are: Lychee, Plum, Pear Nectar Accord, Strawberry Meringue Accord, Violet Petal Sorbet, Mimosa Blossom, Jasmine, Amber, Sheer Vanilla, Teak Wood.

I just bought the Escada Taj Sunset yesterday as well. It’s the new one in the line up of Escada limited edition fragrances. It’s very sweet, but yummy. I’ve already convinced two people to buy it. LOL. Me likey. Notes in this one are: Alphonso Mango, Blood Orange, Watery Blossom, Sweet Primrose, Raspberry, Coconut Cream, Musk, Sandalwood.
And lastly, I took home the old tester for Nina Ricci ‘Paradis de Nina’. Taken from the website: Le Paradis de Nina opens with citrusy sparkles of orange, mandarin, orange blossom and delicate almonds. A heart features heliotrope along with glazed apple and gardenia, whereas base notes incorporate sandalwood, blond wood, patchouli and vanilla.
As you can probably tell, I like sweeter scents.

As a thank you gift (aka gratis), from Clarins, I was allowed to choose a couple products to try as well. I generally love Clarins skincare. I find more success with the products than I do with Lancome. The Clarins Multi-Active Night Cream is beautiful. Smells good too. Anyways, I decided to try the HydraQuench Cream for N/C skin, and the Eye Revive Beauty Flash.

SOMETHING ELSE I got to bring home! It’s a Burberry bear that was a gift with purchase at my store. I kept gushing on how cute it was… not really… asking for it… but my manager said that if it didn’t get sold by Christmas, I could have it. LOL I spend all my paycheques there anyways… I’m still a baby. -.-


I want to show you two of my new Coach wallets! The first one was a gift from three of my BBFs! Thank you, Adelaide, Jessica, and Tiffy! It’s called the madison gathered leather accordion zip. I love it so much, that I don’t want to use it! It’s too pretty. Haha.
The second one is the madison dotted op art small wallet. It’s cute, and it fits in my Jeannie Lottie purse. J I got it on boxing day for a measly 30% off. It’s cute though. Better than nothing.


NEXT OFF, my boxing day (aka LUSH) purchases!

First off, I went to Sephora… the clothing stores were too packed. LOL. I met Eric from Montreal there! Awwh, he’s such a cutie. I’m sad that he doesn’t belong in Edmonton anymore. Haha! I bought a few things from there. The Givenchy Summer edition make up was 50% off, so I grabbed a few things. There was the Phenomen’eyes waterproof in a teal color, but I wanted to try it regardless. It was $8 and it has pretty packaging too. (haha, it seems like this is all I look for in products.) The nail polish is $4.50, but it’s nothing special. It’s pretty sheer… the formula seems no different from a drugstore one. Cute bottle? Haha! I also got an Anastasia brow definer for $15. Can you tell I’m trying to fix my brow problem? I recently colored my hair (only 2 people made comments, lol!) and I’m looking for the right shade of brown to do my brows with. I also picked up the bronzer, because I love the packaging and the overspray. It’s a pretty color too.

This is a big purchase. I got the GHD flat iron… for $200… I wanted to buy something LOL it’s pink, and on sale from $270!  I heard it’s the godliest flatiron known, so of course I had to try it. I still might end up returning it, because I still have my working CHI iron. It’s so pretty though. Haha

OKAY, onward to my lush haul! ALL of the holiday items were BOGO. The “Have a sweet Christmas” is a cute present my cousin, Ashley, got me. It’s cute. It comes with Godmother soap, and candy cane? Bubble bar. I can’t bring myself to open it, because it’s so cute. I bought two snow fairy gifts, because they were sold out of the individual snow fairy shower gels at the West Ed location. It smells like candy, and jelly beans. LOL I love it, because it contains Lactic Acid, which is really good for the Keratosis Pilaris condition I have on the back of my arms. Lactic Acid is a great exfoliator.

This is what comes in the gift: snow fairy shower gel, Angel’s delight soap, and Shimmy Shimmy massage bar. 

I got these bath bombs. So white, Cinders, and Satsuma Santa x2 each.

& I got Honey, I washed the kids, Snow cake, and Angel’s Delight Soaps.
I went to the LUSH on Whyte yesterday before I went to work, and a snatched up the last 250ml of the Snow fairy (it has little glitters in it!) and I had to get the other Christmas shower gel in Glogg. It smells good to me. Luckily I like cinnamon scents.

When I was there, it wasn’t busy and I had more time to browse. I then picked up two Christmas Eve bubble bars, and LOOK! These are Once A Year massage bars. They smell YUMMY, and have glittery moustaches on them.


*Phew* That was a lot of money spent.

HERE is a fun.. ish… make up of my face and some camwhoring. I wrote over 1500 words says Microsoft word. Half of them are probably lol, or haha.










Bleh... gross face.  

OOPS, It's almost 1am. Forgive me.

-- xLissa

0 comments:

Post a Comment