Saturday, March 9, 2013

YSL Rouge Volupte and Wet n WIld Lipstick Swatches

Why, hello everyone!

I know, it's weird to be putting swatches of lipsticks that are in COMPLETELY different price categories.

I've just been on a recent lipstick binge, and I'm completely obsessed with lip color these days. It could be the fact that I've forgotten how to use eye shadows, but to liven up my face, it's easier to just swipe on a tube of color on my lips.

I have a few pictures of what my humble collection looks like on me.
I've taken a few picture of my YSL collection in my last post if you'd like to see it.

This is going to be fairly picture heavy as well, just so that you're forewarned.

I had some time last night, after some plans got cancelled. I have previously tried to do the same type of swatches in December, but they didn't turn out well - I've add the ones that I thought were a pretty good depiction of what the lipsticks look like on me anyways!


Left: December 2012
Right: March 2013 
(My hair color changed!)





 YSL Rouge Volupte no. 1: Beige Charnel / Nude Beige
It's a pretty light pink nude color. 
This is my everyday lipstick when I bother wearing it to school. 

 YSL Rouge Volupte no. 2: Sensual Silk 
This one is a pretty nude, more beige than no. 1. 
I only wear this when I wear smokey eyes

 YSL Rouge Volupte no. 29: Opera Rose
A warm, medium pink. 
I haven't gotten the chance to wear this one out yet! 
I've only used it for swatches. I really enjoy it though. 
Definitely going to be one of my top picks for spring. 



 YSL Rouge Volupte no. 30: Faubourg Peach 
Whitened peachy color. 
The left is what it looks like when you first put it on. 
It's very pigmented. I prefer it in the right photo. 
I dabbed it on with my finger. 

That's it for the Rouge Volupte's for now. I don't think I will be buying any more of these in other colors, because I want to venture out into other brands of lipsticks that are longer wearing. 
(On my bucket list - Tom Ford, Burberry, Armani, and Shu Uemura lippies) 
I do love the colors I do have because they're smooth and creamy, and will repurchase them when I'm done.

SO NOW on to the Wet n Wild Megalast lipstick swatches!!


Things that I bought yesterday! :) 


903C Just Peachy (Flash and no flash)

968 Pinkerbelle 

 907C Mauve Outta Here

That's all the pictures for this post. 
I hope it was helpful for some of you!! 

I'll do another post with my MAC lipsticks. Especially with the ones I hauled recently!
Spring is just around the corner, and I can't wait to rock these colors! haha

-- xLissa

P.S. Follow me on instagram for more pics! :) 



0 comments:

Post a Comment