Monday, February 16, 2015

Belated IMATS Haul

Hello Friends!

I haven't been motivated enough to keep up with my blog posts. I genuinely hope that all of you are enjoying the new year of 2015. I started my second semester here, at NAIT, and it's just as stressful as it was in September. I'm not sure how to go about keeping up with everything. I suppose reading my textbooks during this break will help. ;P

I don't have any new photos to put up of my face, but I do have a very belated IMATS/Vancouver haul I can share. I have also made a mini order on makeup geek and beautylish. Hopefully those will come in the next two weeks, and I'll be able to share them with you.

IMATS was held on August 9 - 10th, 2014. I attended it with my cousin, Felicia. We had a blast walking around Vancouver and sampling all of the awesome (and cheap!) restaurants in the area we stayed in. The overall convention was underwhelming to say the least... we wished that larger vendors, such as NYX, MAC, and all of the other fun ones came to Vancouver. Alas, we did get our Hakuhodo brushes that we had lusted over previously. I hope you enjoy the small sampling of photos I have of my cosmetics!

The wrist bands

We sat and watched a competition

My Whole Vancouver Haul!! 



The few brushes I picked up - mostly goat hair. 
- The Fan Squirrel and Goat Hair Brush
J4003, J5523, B J142, J 242G, and a blue squirrel medium brush. 


A couple pairs of Velour lashes in Girl You Crazy, and I got it from my momma. 

Two OCC lip tars in Psycho, and Black Dahlia Metallic

A couple Maybelline color senstational lipsticks (Will update with names later)

MUFE Lipstick in #N22
Mat Velvet + in Shade 30
The Face Powder brush in #126
 A couple of the lip pencils

This set was on sale at the London Drugs, so I had to get it. 

Chanel Rivoli Eyeshadow Quad
Taboo Nail Enamel 
Rivoli Lipstick 
Melodieuse Rouge Allure Intense Long Wear Lipstick

Paul and Joe Lipstick, lipliner, and liquid pen eyeliner 

I love how customizable paul and joe lipsticks are. 
I got to choose which casing went around my L/E sheer red lipstick.
Because my Chinese Zodiac is the Horse, I decided that this packaging was the most appropriate for my first lippie from this brand! I would have otherwise gotten the one with the kittens. haha 

This wasn't part of my haul in Vancouver, but the cousin I went to imats with brought home this lipstick for me! My very first Burberry make up item ! I can tell you that I am COMPLETELY smitten by this gorgeous shade. I have yet to wear it out, however. It's the perfect everyday pink, but I don't want to use it all up. 

Last but not least, I had to purchase some Oribe products at the show. It was 20% off! It's not that much in compariason to some of the other products that were on sale, but I had previously bought the Oribe Dry Texturizing spray from Holt Renfrew at its original price. I complete love this product because it gives me the right amount of volume. It also doubles as a dry shampoo. Score!
There's also a semi funny story about this. So, at imats, we had to line up to pay for anything. My cousin and I didn't actually spot this until we were waiting to pay, and we were gushing about how amazing it is to each other. Haha We ended up helping to sell quite a few of them to the ladies in line! Haha, they were asking how it works, and etc.. and i demoed it on myself. It was really funny. 


Other than going to imats, my cousin and I had a blast walking around Vancouver. 
Because of my eldest brother, it is my new go-to vacation spot.

Anyhow, I hope you enjoyed my post. 

Until next time, 
 xLissa

0 comments:

Post a Comment