Saturday, March 24, 2012

Haul Withdrawl

:( I buy too many unnecessary things. I have a midterm on Tuesday, and I don't know why I can't bring myself to crack open this damn book! I wish it was warm and sunny outside...

I have a lot of pictures that I should show here... I take them for the blog, but I never blog anymore. : (

Anyways, since it's spring, there were a lot of make up schools that I was able to go to, so I might as well show you everything I've accumulated in the past couple of weeks. :)

Starting off with... my skin! LOL It's so clear in this picture, 
I'm not wearing any make up what so ever. 

This is an old picture I took... but I like my hair. It's so pink! 
Right now, it's gradient-ed with purple and blue




SO one of the first schools I went to was Biotherm.
They have a new night "gelly". It's suppose to retain hydration, 
because we loose 6x as much water in the middle of the night because we aren't re-hydrating ourselves. 
I've been using it for a while, and so far so good. It's not moisturizing enough
since my skin is very dry these days. I switch between this and the Korres Wild Rose 24hr Cream

This is the collective color haul. :D :D 

So I decided to try Revlon's new color stay nail polishes, because I've heard good things about it! 

Here, I'm wearing Marmalade. I hate how you have to buy their base and top coat though. 
I found that it took forever and a day to dry... 
Apparently it uses new light technology to make it last longer...? 
So maybe I can only use these colors during the day time. LOL 
I haven't gotten the chance to test that theory yet though. 
These were $3.99 each.

YEEE Nail polishes make me happy. 
Essence is new in canada, and can only be found in Shoppers Drug Mart. 
I have already used the pink, orange, and blue ones. 
They hold up very nicely with my Butter London Base Coat, and Seche Vite. 
These were $1.49 each. 

THIS was a splurge for me... This is from the Dior 2012 Spring Collection. 
I first went in to get the green Waterlily color, but they were sold out, 
So I bought the purple one called Forget Me Knot... 
and then I was in the area of the Downtown Shoppers, and found Waterlily there, so I bought it too. LOL 
These are scented nail polishes... They smell like roses.. like most scented ones. If you follow me on Instagram, I have pictures of them painted on my nails.
These are Originally $27 each, but I get my discount on them.
Unfortunately, I don't think I'm allowed to disclose my discount online. :/ 

Speaking of scented nail polish, I picked this up about a month ago. 
It's Betsey Johnson's line of polish at Sephora. 
This one smells like her new fragrance, and it smells so good! 
I couldn't justify buying a new perfume, so I bought the polish instead. 
It's just an excellent hot pink cream. Opaque in two coats. 
 $12.50


This is the new essie from the sure shot collection. It's called pink-a-boo. 
It is a sheer pink polish with green/blue multi-reflects. I couldn't capture how pretty this one looks. 
I thought it would be very similar to Kim-pletely In love from Nicole by OPI... 
but they're different.  
$8.50

Kim-pletely In Love and Pink-a-boo.


REVLON LIP BUTTERS. 
I knew that these would go on sale for $3.99 some day at SDM, 
So I've been waiting for these since January. Haha! 
I like them so far, because they're so wearable. 
Even the brightest of colors are wearable. 
I don't find them overly moisturizing though. 
I prefer the moisture I get from a Guerlain Rouge G...


I got the colors in Sweet Tart, Creamsicle, Lollipop, Strawberry Shortcake, and Creme Brulee.




Swatched on my hand respectively. 
(Sweet Tart, Creamsicle, Lollipop, Strawberry Shortcake, and Creme Brulee.)
When my breakouts heal, I'll do lip swatches. 

Other lip stuff I have acquired. 
Two essence lipsticks (Look at me, and creamy nude), and a lise watier Rouge Plumpissimo (in Nutre). 
Essence is $4 each, and The Watier is $20


Swatches... the last color is MAC's Creme d' Nude. 
I wanted to see how similar it was to the lise watier one.

Other cheap, but pretty nice Essence cosmetics. 



Ohhh I've been saving the best for last... I caved in and bought this from downtown...
It was $76, and I thought it was sold out for the longest time. 
Apparently it was on hold for a while and the woman decided she didn't want it anymore. 
Her loss is my gain. Hehehe. 

I've said this over and over again, but this is probably my most expensive cosmetic product in my collection. 
This is Guerlain's Cruel Gardenia Meteorites Highlighter. 
The powder is so compact, that the design stays in tact even after multiple uses. 
It's just gorgeous. 



The color in this picture is probably closer to it's true nature. 


Lightly swatched on the back of my hand. It's gives a beautiful natural glow. 

MOVING ON... to the free skincare products I've accumulated recently. 

I have the Korres cooling gel, the Pomegranate scrub, and the Quercetin and Oak day cream (Highly recommend) 
As well as a shiseido white lucent face wash from Cosmetics Magazine. 

Pictured here is also the Pomegranate facial wipes (This would be my 3rd pack!)
The biotherm  White D-Tox Face cleanser, and the Source Therapie 7 Serum (LOVE!) 

These are a few nice ROC products I received as well. Sun protection, their new primer, a nice scrub, and lifting cream. LOL that will definitely go to my mom. 

I received this from Sephora for my 500 points... I love the lip surgence.. beautiful red matte. 
the bronzer is made in china, the eyeliner is shitty, and I have yet to try the setting powder. :/ 


Ahhh... this takes too long to set up! LOL I respect all bloggers who do this on a regular basis... 
Here's a picture of me and my circle lenses. I like my hair this day too. LOL 

I am so obsessed with the Hunger Games right now... I can't wait to watch it on Tuesday. Peeta + Katniss = PeeNiss. LOL I love that. They're so cute together. 
On another note... I really really really want some of the nail polishes from China glaze's Capitol Collection...  /sigh

If you've made it this far, I congratulate you... but I think I'm ready to start cracking for my midterm now. 
Thanks for letting me show you what I got recently! It's always fun for me, and I hope for you too. 

Until next post, 

-- xLissa


0 comments:

Post a Comment